Supply and transportation of all kinds of business goods including apples, almonds, pharma, industrial products will be easy from Himachal Pradesh. For this, the Himachal government has notified the state’s Transport and Supply (Logistics) Policy 2022. This has been notified by Additional Chief Secretary Industries RD Dhiman. This policy will remain in force for a period of five years. In this policy, it has been proposed to set up a logistics park in the state. It will have many facilities under one roof. The park will have an inland container depot. There will also be container freight stations, airfreight stations, warehouses, cold chain storage and logistics infrastructure. At least 85 percent of its area will be used for transport and supply services.
15% of the area will be for mixed land use. For this, at least 10 acres of land will be used. It will have all the desired facilities. State transport and storage zones will be established at strategic places. The Industries Department will select the site outside the city limits. For this the selected space for idle truck parking will be around 80 square feet. Commercial activities such as restaurants, banks, ATMs, retail shops, fuel pumps, repairs, service stations and medical facilities will also take place at such locations. At least one acre area will be earmarked for the warehouse. In this, 60 percent of the total area will be earmarked for storage. Bharatmala, Parvatmala and Sagarmala schemes will also get proper support from this policy.
This policy is part of Prime Minister Gati Shakti. In the coming time, this will coordinate the various schemes of the central ministries. Apart from this, keeping this in view, DPRs of various schemes will be prepared and sent to the central government for funding. This will benefit Himachal.
RD Dhiman, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries.
Other key points in the policy :
– According to international norms, an investment of three thousand crores will be made to create a logistics park
– Pradhan Mantri Gatishakti National Plan will also be implemented in the state –
Transportation of goods will be easy in different states of the country
– BBN industrial area of Himachal, Amritsar and Will be connected to coastal areas
– Industrialists will have CA store and cold chain facility
– Uninterrupted power supply and waste water treatment from industries
– Develop strong internet and telecommunication system
– Hospitals, medical shops, banks, petrol pumps, hotels, Will have restaurant, canteen facility